2 Nights Masai Mara Sopa Lodge
Experience the iconic Maasai Mara, legendary for its abundance of wild-life and being big cat country all year round.
The Maasai Mara Sopa Lodge is in the Oloolaimutia Hills in the Maasai Mara. Here guests can see all of the Big Five and once a year, the great wildebeest migration, when as many as two million wildebeest cross the Mara and Talek rivers in search of grazing on the Maasai Mara plains.
The Sopa Lodge has 102 attractively decorated rooms in circular huts that are designed to fit in with the environment – many can be converted into triple family rooms. Each of the cottage style rooms has its own en-suite bathroom and veranda where guests can watch the exciting bird and animal life just on the doorstep. Sopa’s experienced guides lead guests on nature walks through the forest edge, an activity that is particu-larly fun for children. Children have their own pool, as do adults and all sorts of other activities can be arranged. One of the most popular is a dawn balloon ride over the Maasai Mara followed by a champagne breakfast in the middle of the bush. There are few better ways to start the day.
Morning Pick up by Abercrombie & Kent driver guide depart into the Great Rift Valley and the Loita Plains and on to Masai Mara Game Reserve arriving in time for lunch at your Lodge (6.5 hours drive approximately).
Dinner and over night at Mara Sopa lodge
Early morning game drive. Return to the lodge for breakfast.
Mid-morning at leisure in the lodge enjoying lodge facilities e.g swim-ming. Lunch at the lodge. Afternoon game drive in the reserve.
All meals and overnight at Mara Sopa Lodge
Day 3Breakfast then drive back to Nairobi from the Mara
- Full board accommodation at Mara Sopa Lodge for 2nights OR similar
- Park entry fees in Mara for two nights
- Game drives in A&K 7 seater minibus & Use of A&K driver guides
- All government taxes
- Personal and trip insurance
- All expenses of a personal nature
- Flying doctors services @USD 30pp (Covers evacuation only)
- Optional activities such as hot-air balloon safari, spa treatments, etc
- Tips and gratuities to your courier, driver/guide, hotel/camp staff etc.
- Travel and medical insurance